Saturday, November 14, 2009

Turkey Shirts

Last weekend Amy showed me some Turkey Shirts on Etsy and we decided to see if we could copy them! What started out as a great idea, kinda fizzled with the first shirt (the legs were a disaster and even our attempts to fix them didn't turn out so hot!!), but then gained intensity as I continued making them. The final four shirts turned out great and I am super excited about
them! I also made my first dress for Lilly and while it's hard to see, please notice her monogrammed initials...that also gave us a scare this morning!!!

You can't see them, but there are two pockets on the front!

The first shirt...hopefully it won't make a public debut!


o

The bottom wording says: Give Thanks to the Lord (so
she could wear it to school yesterday!!)

4 comments:

Abby said...

Ok, those shirts are SUPER cute!! Are you going to be selling them? :)

Laura said...

ADORABLE!!!!! You sisters sure are creative (and have really cool sewing machines!!!!)

Betsy said...

Thanks girls! I had fun making them! Abby, I guess if someone wanted to buy one I would happy to make one for them! And Laura, I am totally NOT creative or crafty...just good at stealing ideas!!!

Unknown said...

Did you get a machine? Very cute.