Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Snake In My Boot

Today I was outside and decided I wanted to put on my pair of outside boots. Mommy keeps them in a tall basket outside because they are so dirty. After having some trouble getting them on mommy finally came over to help me. As mommy went to open the boot up for my little foot she saw something in the boot and then recognized a tongue sticking out at her...it was a snake. Mommy didn't scream too loud (because she was on the phone) but she did throw the boot out in the yard.

Mommy then called Jackie to come down and shoot it. The snake didn't come out of the boot right away, but it did eventually. Jackie decided it was a harmless Garden snake, but she still was going to shoot it. With only one bullet, she missed and the snake got away.

Thankfully I avoided getting a snake bit and now mommy has decided that she has to learn to shoot a gun...she will be a redneck after all!! Mommy also says her stomach is in knots, whatever that means!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Always shake out boots and always stomp the ground- two tips for living in the woods! :)

Amber Bishop said...

OMG! I am freaking out reading this! Glad it was just a garden snake:-)

Lilly said...

Mommy has learned her lesson. NO MORE SHOES OUTSIDE...no matter how dirty they are!!

Kim said...

I'm so glad you are moving shoes inside! ;)