Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Decorations

We are finally all decorated however it's not as much as I've done in the past! For some reason I just didn't have the energy this year!

This year Lilly and Carl picked out the tree and unfortunately Lowes had a small selection which meant a very wimpy tree. I also learned this year that it's best do the decorating ALONE!! In the past I have decorated when Lilly was napping, but his year Carl brought in all the boxes in the morning and Lilly insisted in getting in on the action. Of course most of the ornaments are breakable and to top it off, Gage was hungry. So I fed Gage his baby food while trying to supervise Lilly all along hearing the various ornaments dropping because the tree branches were so flimsy (or perhaps because she couldn't get them on the branches!!). It was great fun and some how in the midst of it all I was able to take pictures. One day I know I will be able to look back and just laugh. But for now, I need some serious medication!!!

Said "wimpy" tree

Lilly hard at work!!!

Notice all the ornaments in one section!!!

The finished product...several hours later!

Our Nativity Scene (thanks Nana!!)

Our Christmas bells signifying our 8 years of marriage

Gage enjoying all the commotion!

4 comments:

Virginia Janet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donna said...

I just had to laugh at all the ornaments in one spot on the tree! That's just funny! Good job, Lilly-bell! :) XOXO

Betsy said...

Donna, you should have seen it when she added the candy canes. There were 4 canes on one small branch...it was drooping all the way to the floor:)

Donna said...

Ha!!! You have to hand it to her...the girl has the decorating touch! Martha Stewart, here she comes! :)